Position: VP of Ground Up Construction
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking an Asset Manager – East for our Atlanta office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
The VP of Ground Up Construction is responsible for overseeing all aspects of construction and construction services – from pre-construction and/or owner’s representation through substantial completion and warranty. Management of pre-construction, construction administration, project management staff and field construction superintendents is also a key focus. This role includes supervision of all value-add projects in additional to new development. This position is responsible and very hands on in creating the annual corporate budget and the independents budgets as they relate to the projects themselves. This role reports directly to the COO at CGI+.
To keep up the good work and to enhance the efficiency of their services they award their employees with different employment benefits such as health insurance, life insurance flexible payment method, paid maternal leaves, and much more.
What You’ll Do
- Serves as a team leader in the various processes of estimating construction cost for new construction projects, providing assistance and feedback on construction related issues and costs to other departments.
- Provide support to acquisitions team to review construction related issues.
- Works closely with development personnel during the site selection process and in preparing cost estimates for new projects.
- Ensures project success of GC projects and 3rd party projects through delivery of quality product on time, on budget, and at quality.
- Establishes a logical, yet aggressive construction schedule, monitors schedule closely and communicates changes in schedule to all stakeholders.
- Leads the buy-out process from bid to contract execution and negotiates all contracts.
- Develops and implements detailed, automated field reports to track progress against critical path schedule and monitors those reports regularly.
- Establishes a format for maintaining a daily project logs and ensures that construction personnel monitor and review them.
- Reviews all construction draws with Construction Managers and Construction Accountants on a designated construction draw timetable.
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises, and counsels construction staff in accordance with company policy and EEO guidelines.
- Performs appraisals and provides career guidance.
- Establishes and oversees policies and procedures for construction operations.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ Extensive experience in all aspects of multi-family and mixed-use construction.
- College degree in construction related field preferred – construction technology, civil or mechanical engineering, construction management, architecture — or experience commensurate with position objectives.
What Will Get You Noticed
- Drafting or engineering background helpful.
- Knowledge of construction methods, practices, materials, estimating, scheduling and management.
- Experience in managing a staff, including implementing growth plans for employees.
- Experience in defining the strategy and managing a construction division.
- Experience in creating and implementing processes and procedures.