Position: Director of Ground Up Construction
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking a Director of Ground Up Construction for our Los Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
The Director of Ground Up Construction will be a Los Angeles based position working directly with development team. They will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. Their duties include dividing up their budget for different project aspects and advocating for additional funding when necessary, hiring freelance professionals and will work with other department heads to establish project milestones and work to complete projects effectively and within the budget.
What You’ll Do
- Working with the acquisition team to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential acquisitions
- Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with consultants and contractors
- Responsible for completing and executing project contracts in accordance with department requirements.
- Develop and maintain project timelines, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget
- Prepare and track development budgets related to assigned projects
- Secure the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contract/change orders, closeout documentation
- Take the lead in negotiation with contractors, due diligence with feasibility studies and project budgeting.
- Responsible for sharing documents and communication with contractors as they pertain to the contractors’ scopes of work.
- Review and approve invoices related to project expenses including but not limited to verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement and ensuring the vendors are paid on time.
- Set up and maintenance of project and/or management files according to established criteria related to; contracts, documents, correspondence, agreements, reports, etc.
- Coordinate the processing of new contracts including but not limited to, forwarding appropriate templates, monitor the contract process to completion, review final document for full execution and verify coding
- Manage and oversee consultants, contractors, lenders, and JV partners
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, and joint ventures
- Assist with monthly construction progress reporting including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing campaigns
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience in a field related to building design and construction. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience working as a general contractor.
What Will Get You Noticed
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates proficiency in using Project Management software
- Candidate must be highly organized, is able to prioritize responsibilities, is trustworthy, and has integrity