Position: Corporate Accountant
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking a Corporate Accountant for our Los Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
The Corporate Accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Accounting and work in general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, credit card and intercompany accounts reconciliation.
To keep up the good work and to enhance the efficiency of their services they award their employees with different employment benefits such as health insurance, life insurance flexible payment method, paid maternal leaves, and much more.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with month end close including bank reconciliations and gathering financial data
- Maintains accounts payable system, uploading and posting invoices and monitoring approvals
- Manage accounts receivable, verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies.
- Responsible for various balance sheet account reconciliations and maintaining schedules
- Process accounts payable, invoices and employee expense reimbursements
- Assist in the preparation of budget and cash flow
- Manage Intercompany expenses by invoicing related entities, manage the collection and intercompany reconciliation.
- Prepare and record journal entries as required
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years of first-hand experience as an accountant or similar role
What Will Get You Noticed
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience and knowledge of general accounting
- Prior Yardi experience a plus.
- Has analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, trustworthy, and self-directed
- Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financials and payroll
- Strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail and time management/organizational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.