Acquisitions Professional – Multifamily Co-Covering the Western US Value Add and Land Acquisitions
At CGI+ Real Estate Investment Strategies
Los Angeles, CA
Acquisitions Professional – Multifamily
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking an Acquisitions Professional for our Los Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
Acquisitions Professional – Multifamily join our team to be co-cover Western US Value Add and Land Acquisitions. Acquisitions Professional – Multifamily will be working closely with the Multifamily Acquisitions team in providing support throughout all areas of the acquisition process including deal underwriting, financing, due diligence, and closing with a primary focus on evaluating and underwriting new opportunities.
To keep up the good work and to enhance the efficiency of their services they award their employees with different employment benefits such as health insurance, life insurance flexible payment method, paid maternal leaves, and much more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility will be evaluating and underwriting potential new multifamily investment opportunities using an Excel based model. The evaluation process may include, but is not limited to, the following activities: reviewing P&L statements, rent rolls, and tax statements; researching and analyze demographic, economic, and real estate market data to recognize market trends in order to support all underwriting assumptions with a high level of certainty; communication with those parties familiar with the asset and market (investment sales brokers, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, and other third party service providers).
- Attend and participate in weekly investment committee meetings.
- Maintain detailed pipeline of potential new investments to be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Prepare presentation material for possible new acquisitions.
- Be instrumental in the writing and production of investment memorandums and related
- marketing collateral
- Instrumental in the due diligence and closing processes.
- Ensure that objectives and timelines are being met. Prepare and deliver timely, accurate and complete reports as needed.
- Recognize and evaluate trends in financial statements
- Be a key thought leader in evaluating real estate opportunities through the Westmount investment acquisition process.
- Provide overall support for the multifamily team with a willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for commercial real estate.
- Supports all property sales and acquisitions by participating in the due diligence process.
- A seasoned, experienced executive with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the areas of real estate development, asset management, and acquisition of land for multifamily development
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, finance, or real estate
- MBA, MRED, finance or other business discipline preferred
- Strong existing industry network
- Good financial modeling abilities and understanding of capitalization structures