Los Angeles, CA
Project Accountant/Contract Administrator
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking a Project Accountant/ Contract Administrator for our Los Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
Project Accountant/Contract Administrator join our team to be the liaison between our development and accounting department. The Project Accountant/Contract Administrator’s primary responsibility is to manage day to day tasks associated with Construction accounting and compiling construction loan draws, input budget, contracts, payables, collect various compliance documentation, prepare bank reconciliations. The accountant will provide a supportive role to managers and staff which includes working as a liaison with internal departments to facilitate communication between the Development department and others—such as Accounting, Legal, and Human Resources.
The accountant will work with our senior leadership and finance team to define reporting needs and produce reports for the Company. This position reports to the VP of Accounting, Construction.
To keep up the good work and to enhance the efficiency of their services they award their employees with different employment benefits such as health insurance, life insurance flexible payment method, paid maternal leaves, and much more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contract Management – Entering budgets, contracts, change orders into accounting system
- Manage and obtain all construction related compliance documentation from subcontractors and enter required information into the accounting system (including but not limited to conditional and unconditional releases and insurance information)
- Process Internal Budget Adjustments in Yardi that have been approved by the project manager,
- Coordinate the processing of new contracts including but not limited to, forwarding appropriate templates, monitor the contract process to completion, review final document for full execution and verify coding, and review insurance certificates to ensure compliance with the project standards
- Assist senior staff in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings and any other accounting related projects
- Minimum of five (5) years of first-hand experience in as a project accountant/ contract administrator or similar role in a real estate development, construction, engineering, or architectural firm.
- Prior accounting experience in real estate, construction, or development required
- Prior Yardi Voyager experience required.
- Thorough understanding of construction accounting, budgeting, bank draw processes, construction compliance aspects, such as conditional and unconditional releases, preliminary notice logging and managing.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting needs while handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following through on projects to a successful completion.