Multifamily Acquisitions Associate/Analyst
Los Angeles, CA
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking an Acquisitions Professional for our Los Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
The Acquisitions Associate/Analyst will be a Los Angeles based position working directly with company partners to source & analyze potential acquisitions throughout the West coast. The Associate’s responsibilities will include creating & maintaining relationships with brokers, property owners, and other potential deal sources and utilizing relationships to obtain both on & off market acquisition opportunities.
To keep up the good work and to enhance the efficiency of their services they award their employees with different employment benefits such as health insurance, life insurance flexible payment method, paid maternal leaves, and much more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating and underwriting potential new investment opportunities using an Excel based model. The evaluation process may include, but is not limited to, the following activities: reviewing P&L statements, rent rolls, and tax statements; researching and analyze demographic, economic, and real estate market data to recognize market trends in order to support all underwriting assumptions with a high level of certainty; communication with those parties familiar with the asset and market (investment sales brokers, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, and other third party service providers).
- Participate in investment committee meetings.
- Maintain detailed pipeline of potential new investments to be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Prepare investor memorandums for new acquisitions.
- Instrumental in the due diligence and closing processes.
- Provide overall support for company partners with a willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for commercial real estate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, economics) with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience and/or training as an analyst or related experience in multi-family acquisitions.
- Documented knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling using Microsoft Excel.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Be able to recognize and analyze trends in financial statements.
- Understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, Cap Rate, etc.) and factors effecting these metrics.