Los Angeles, CA
CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in Los Angeles and is seeking an Capital Markets Associate for our Los Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in the apartment business. The firm’s existing portfolio includes multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and retail assets located in California and in key cities in the Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one of the nation’s premier investor and developer of multifamily communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
The Capital Markets Associate will be a Los Angeles based position working directly with company CEO & CFO. They will be responsible for business development, overseeing and maintaining new business relationships for all funds and capital markets. This person will create and implement a comprehensive new business development program, together with Senior Management and the Investor Relations team, designed to increase the Company’s identity in the marketplace, position it competitively with identified prospects and consultants, promote its products and services, and ultimately achieve success in closing business and solidifying existing client and consultant relationships.
To keep up the good work and to enhance the efficiency of their services they award their employees with different employment benefits such as health insurance, life insurance flexible payment method, paid maternal leaves, and much more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Bring a strategic approach to client management by developing a strategic plan for each major client relationship, matching Company investment capabilities and proactively pursuing opportunities to raise capital.
- Hold regular meetings to update investors on new initiatives, as well as client status and fund performance.
- Develop and execute strategy for developing new business opportunities:
- Create and maintain information on targeted prospects and new business opportunities with an organized plan for phone and in-person contact; focusing in areas where the Company does not currently have existing relationships
- Proactively seek out, uncover, and provide executives with current market information regarding prospect, clients, consultants and competitors that improves the Company’s competitive position.
- Give new business presentations and client review presentations either alone or in conjunction with senior management;
- Represent the Company in a variety of capacities designed to raise the identity and attractiveness of the Company and its products through industry events and prospect/client sponsored events.
- Evaluate current marketing and client service materials; making ongoing contributions based on new information from outside sources, including clients, consultants and competitors.
- Communicate proactively on all marketing and sales activities; including, but not limited to, the Fundraising and IR team phone calls.
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, or accounting). MBA or Graduate degree (with financial discipline) strongly preferred.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in the institutional investment industry in a direct capital raising role, including demonstrated experience in making client presentations and securing new business. Additional experience in a supporting role will be highly regarded as well.
- A well-established reputation in the advisory business, with key client relationships that will expand and/or enhance the Company’s existing client base. Any additional strong client relationships outside the U.S. markets will also be highly desirable.
- A proven track record of raising capital – preferably across a broad real estate platform; including equity and debt products; with diverse investment strategies and vehicle structures.
- A strong analytical capability and demonstrated knowledge of real estate and financial markets; with the ability to communicate this knowledge to clients and prospects.
- A natural aptitude for sales, along with the strategic skills to effectively manage the process.